Naples and Around

• La Pinarello Dogma XC è finalmente disponibile al pubblico! Dopo averla vista sul gradino più alto del podio dei campionati del mondo di XC 2023 con Tom Pidcock (con la full) e Pauline Ferrand-Prevot (con la front), Stefano Udeschini ha avuto modo di provarla sui sentieri del Garda
    Iscriviti al canale se non l'hai ancora fatto (clicca qui).

northvanguy

Biker novus
8/9/17
Australia
Visita sito
Bike
SC Nomad
Ciao. Apologies that thia msg is in English!

I'm originally Canadian but living in Australia travelling around Italy in a campervan at the moment with my partner (she doesn't ride)

Currently in Gallipoli and going across to Naples and the Amalfi coast.

I've brought my SC Nomad with me, mostly into technical enduro type riding... would have called myself freeride back in the day. So I'm happy to ride uphill for a couple hours to get a really good descent.

If anyone has any suggestions of areas or towns worth stopping at to ride that would be really appreciated. I'm mostly relying on Trailforks app but doesn't seem to have many trails recorded.

From there we'll either be heading to Sardinia or Sicily. Just depends on time.

Grazie for your help in advance.

Cheers
Iain

sembola

Moderatur cartesiano
Membro dello Staff
Moderatur
27/2/03
Siena
www.sembola.it
Bike
una nera e l'altra pure
On the top of Etna (over 2000 m) there aren't trails, only vulcanic ash... you take the gondola, teen climb on the service Road (on pressed ashes...) then you ride back down the slopes... just Like powder skiing...

Anto00RR

Biker grossissimus
7/7/16
Maletto(CT) Sicilia
Visita sito
Ciao. Apologies that thia msg is in English!

I'm originally Canadian but living in Australia travelling around Italy in a campervan at the moment with my partner (she doesn't ride)

Currently in Gallipoli and going across to Naples and the Amalfi coast.

I've brought my SC Nomad with me, mostly into technical enduro type riding... would have called myself freeride back in the day. So I'm happy to ride uphill for a couple hours to get a really good descent.

If anyone has any suggestions of areas or towns worth stopping at to ride that would be really appreciated. I'm mostly relying on Trailforks app but doesn't seem to have many trails recorded.

From there we'll either be heading to Sardinia or Sicily. Just depends on time.

Grazie for your help in advance.

Cheers
Iain
Hi you should try some trails in Sicily, expecially on nebrodi Mountains and Mount etna, like monte soro or salto del cane...be careful now because the weather is quite bad in the Mountains and over 2000mt you can easily find snow in october. If you'll be in milazzo and in northen Sicily send me a message and I'll bring you in some awesome places...good holidays

Sent from my E5603 using MTB-Forum mobile app

Classifica mensile dislivello positivo