Itinerari 4 giorni per la Toscana?

• La Pinarello Dogma XC è finalmente disponibile al pubblico! Dopo averla vista sul gradino più alto del podio dei campionati del mondo di XC 2023 con Tom Pidcock (con la full) e Pauline Ferrand-Prevot (con la front), Stefano Udeschini ha avuto modo di provarla sui sentieri del Garda
    Iscriviti al canale se non l'hai ancora fatto (clicca qui).

LoJaume

Biker novus
11/11/17
Catalonia
Visita sito
Bike
Merida Big Nine Team 2015
Buona sera,

sorry for writing in English, but I don't speak Italian.

Well, we are a group of catalan bikers, and each summer we take our bikes to ride a 4-5 days mtb route, in Catalonia or Spain. Last summer we have been in Asturias ("Tracks Astures" trail), what I specially recommend. In Italy we have already been riding in Dolomiti and Montblanc.

We are looking a 4 days route with stages of 5-7 hours. More or less, it is 60-90 km and 1000-1500 meters ascent per stage. We usually bring a support car, to carry all bags and only ride with the Camelbak.
The area we were thinking is La Toscana, but we are opened to any other area.

Any suggestion to visit Italy again?
Thank you in advance!

Monty1975

Biker extra
6/10/10
Ristorante Le Porte
montipisanimtb.blogspot.it
Bike
Giant Reign LTD 2, Grand Canyon SL
Buona sera,

sorry for writing in English, but I don't speak Italian.

Well, we are a group of catalan bikers, and each summer we take our bikes to ride a 4-5 days mtb route, in Catalonia or Spain. Last summer we have been in Asturias ("Tracks Astures" trail), what I specially recommend. In Italy we have already been riding in Dolomiti and Montblanc.

We are looking a 4 days route with stages of 5-7 hours. More or less, it is 60-90 km and 1000-1500 meters ascent per stage. We usually bring a support car, to carry all bags and only ride with the Camelbak.
The area we were thinking is La Toscana, but we are opened to any other area.

Any suggestion to visit Italy again?
Thank you in advance!

Cross country or all mountain? you can go in Appennino Tosco-Emiliano (between tuscany and emilia). Wonderful place with nice trails. Take a look to http://endurosenzafretta.blogspot.it/ ,if you cross the Monte Pisano www.montepisano.eu. Also see the ITINERARI section in this forum.
If you practice cross country also the "VIA FRANCIGENA" is an interesting trail for exploring the whole region.
See also http://www.tuscanytrail.it/it

Best Regards

Monty

• Mi piace
Reactions: LoJaume

LoJaume

Biker novus
11/11/17
Catalonia
Visita sito
Bike
Merida Big Nine Team 2015
Grazie per la risposta!

We mainly practice XC. We are thinking in a circular route, probably starting in Pisa (if we go by plane) or in Livorno (arriving by ferry). Returning from another city may be complicated.
Very interesting the Tuscany Trail web. Perhaps, we can take a section to design our route. I explore also the itinerary section of this forum. I see there is a good search engine.

Thank you again!

• Mi piace
Reactions: Monty1975

MXL

Biker perfektus
9/6/06
Siena
Visita sito
Bike
Smuggler, Exploro
My advise is for sure to take inspiration from the tuscany trail track, skipping the first part because not very xc - still feasible, but I guess you prefer to ride in chianti area and val d'orcia. So in your shoes I would start from Firenze (1h by train from Livorno/Pisa) and go towards Siena following tuscany trail or a more direct way, and to continue towards south in val d'orcia and then going west towards the coast where you can take another train to go back to the start.
I'm quite sure the trip will be epic!

• Mi piace
Reactions: OLDROCK and LoJaume

Classifica mensile dislivello positivo