Need advice on Southern Italy

Radomir

Biker novus
9/10/13
Visita sito
[FONT=&quot]Warm greetings from cyclists of Russia.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]At the end of October our group of 6 people will go to make a cycling trip to South Italy.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The project of our track is here: http://www.gpsies.com/mapOnly.do?fileId=tzyielxwoiqrwqzn&isFullScreenLeave=truehttp://www.gpsies.com/mapOnly.do?fileId=tzyielxwoiqrwqzn&isFullScreenLeave=true[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Could anybody make some recommendations for us? Where it is not necessary to go and see but what we have to visit exactly and it is out of our track now.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What about Pollino national park? Is it right way through it or you can suggest more interesting way?
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Thank you very much in advance. You can reply here or directly to my e-mail[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [email protected][/FONT]

Radomir

Biker novus
9/10/13
Visita sito
Thanks a lot for your kind reply. Unfortunately we don't have much time and visit to Otranto area will ask 2 days more. But I will take your idea in my mind if we change our track.
"Salice Salentino" - so you have to know around area very well. What else you can recommend according to our track?

Radomir

Biker novus
9/10/13
Visita sito
Kona, Lapier, Author... The technical level not less SLX. Some of us have weels 26".
My bike (for European travels only) is Author touring (hybrid) 28".

So, just only asphalt and good dirt roads paved are available for us.

talino8

Biker serius
27/8/11
Salice Salentino
Visita sito
I agree with you, that you can only asphalt. I think it will be a nice trip :)
As for my areas, excellent choices: Ostuni, Lecce, Oria, Ceglie, Cisternino, Alberobello ... When you are planning your trip?

Radomir

Biker novus
9/10/13
Visita sito
We will start from airport Lamezia Terme on 23.10.2013.
Toworrow I will finish and can attach .gpx file with our track day by day.
After tomorrow we will go to our final trip before departure not far away from Moscow

Radomir

Biker novus
9/10/13
Visita sito
You can find herewith our track day by day enclosed in attachment.

Very important questions:
1. Where can we buy gas between Lamezia Terme and Maratea? While we don't find the information online.
2. Pollino National Park - is it possible to spend the night there with our tents? Of course, without fire.

Allegati

• Lamezia Terme - Bari 23.10-08.11.2013 day by day.rar
    220,1 KB · Visite: 4

alphabike2006

Biker superioris
30/5/06
Sud(NA)
Visita sito
Hello Radomir,
I can advice you to visit a part of the Pollino National Park, that starts from Orsomarso.
Most of tracks are only for xc/am bike, so you can visit only simply trails with your bike.
This part of park is sweet because there is also a a river.
I know part of your project, exactly from "Maratea" to "Cetraro", so If you have some questions to do, maybe I can help you!
Regards! ;-)

Radomir

Biker novus
9/10/13
Visita sito
I can advice you to visit a part of the Pollino National Park, that starts from Orsomarso
Do you mean that our way from Maratea to Pollino National park is not so interesting? Why?
Do you suggest to go along valley Lao? Unfortunately I have not studied in detail the region... At the end of valley how can we go further? Do you have any tracks... for our bikes?
Could you please let me more details about our linear route from the coast to the heart of Pollino NP through Lao river. We don't have much time to change beginning of our travel...

alphabike2006

Biker superioris
30/5/06
Sud(NA)
Visita sito
You can find herewith our track day by day enclosed in attachment.

2. Pollino National Park - is it possible to spend the night there with our tents? Of course, without fire.

Near Pollino National Park there are some private camping or you can spend the night in forest, but it depends.. which part of Pollino you would visit?
Pollino National Park is very large..
I have seen that you will go to Maratea-Scalea-Diamante, so I advice you to visit this part of park(location Orsomarso near coast).

alphabike2006

Biker superioris
30/5/06
Sud(NA)
Visita sito
Do you mean that our way from Maratea to Pollino National park is not so interesting? Why?
Do you suggest to go along valley Lao? Unfortunately I have not studied in detail the region... At the end of valley how can we go further? Do you have any tracks... for our bikes?
Could you please let me more details about our linear route from the coast to the heart of Pollino NP through Lao river. We don't have much time to change beginning of our travel...
No, your track is interesting, is a good trip to do...
Lao valley(orsomarso) is also a beautiful place, but you have to also dirty roads...if you want do only asphalt your trip is better.

alphabike2006

Biker superioris
30/5/06
Sud(NA)
Visita sito
Sure... or similar as Coleman, Kovea...

Please find herewith 2 variants of our way through Pollino NP.

Who knows which way is more interesting, simple and sweet :nunsacci:? Blue or red?
Red way is less congested by traffic, and is a mountain green area.
Blue way is a mix coast/mountain. You can admire sea and mountain landscapes. Maybe is better, because on coast you can find more magazines for buy things or services.

Radomir

Biker novus
9/10/13
Visita sito
Lao valley(orsomarso) is also a beautiful place, but you have to also dirty roads...if you want do only asphalt your trip is better.
What do you think about above picture with 2 tracks? Both are going by asphalt... May be to begin by "red" but continue by "blue"? It seams to me will be better... Or no?
Please note just 2 of us will have tents. 4 bikers will hope for hotels...

alphabike2006

Biker superioris
30/5/06
Sud(NA)
Visita sito
Coleman products dealers near your track:

MEDIAWORLD COSENZA C.C. METROPOLIS

Phone Number: 0984 848111

Address: VIALE KENNEDY J.F., RENDE, CS, Italy
TURCO ELETTRODOMESTICI SAS

Phone Number: 0982 46017

Address: VIA EUROPA 113, AMANTEA, CS, Italy

Campingaz dealer:

JONATHAN DI SICILIANO ALESSANDRO

Phone Number: 0982 640204 | Address: VIALE DELLA LIBERTA` 57, PAOLA, CS, Italy

You can ask here for camping products...

alphabike2006

Biker superioris
30/5/06
Sud(NA)
Visita sito
What do you think about above picture with 2 tracks? Both are going by asphalt... May be to begin by "red" but continue by "blue"? It seams to me will be better... Or no?
Please note just 2 of us will have tents. 4 bikers will hope for hotels...
Yes, I think is better start from red way(Scalea to Laino Castello) and continue on blue way. This track is more beautiful if you like mountain landscapes.
But you can take also the blue track(Diamante-Castelluccio superiore) and continue on red track(from Castelluccio superiore to the end).
I you prefer do a sea trip, this track is better.
Praia a mare and Maratea are a very good sea place to visit.
And on this way you can find more hotels and services...

Classifica mensile dislivello positivo