Viaggiare in Australia ha bisogno di aiuto/Travelling Australian Needs Help

Rexy

Biker novus
ITALIAN:

Ciao a tutti,

Unforunately Non parlo italiano, così ho scritto questo in inglese e pubblicato un versione tradotta anche.

Sono un australiano, che si recherà in Italia a fine settembre / primi di ottobre. In Australia ho corsa in discesa, quindi ho intenzione di prendere in qualche guida in discesa, mentre in Italia.

I sarà intitolato a nord d'Italia per circa una settimana. Finora ho trovato che non vi sia di guida e in provincia di Aosta Stressa. Ho sentito voci di molti altri luoghi (Livigno, per esempio), ma non sono stati in grado di trovare più informazioni su qualsiasi località ad una guida.

Ho bisogno di noleggiare una bici (preferibilmente non Kona!) E tutto l'equipaggiamento (casco, guanti, occhiali, kneeguards). Mi auguro di correre da qualche parte che ha seggiovie / funivie.

Nei miei viaggi mi sarà anche in Inghilterra, Francia e Spagna. Qualcuno sa se uno qualsiasi di questi paesi hanno in mountain bike in giro per i parchi?

Se uno qualsiasi notevole discesa gare sono state tenute, mentre io sono in zona mi piacerebbe anche andare a guardare!

Qualsiasi aiuto, link, ecc sarebbe apprezzato.

Thankyou,

Rex.​

IN ENGLISH:

Hi everyone,

Unforunately I do not speak Italian, so I have written this in English and posted a translated version also.

I am an Australian who will be travelling to Italy in late September/Early October. In Australia I race downhill, so I plan to take in some downhill riding while in Italy.

I will be headed to the north of Italy for about a week. So far I have found that there is riding in Aosta and Stressa. I have heard rumours of many other places (Livigno for example) but have been unable to find much information on any locations to ride.

I will need to hire a bike (preferably not a Kona!) and all equipment (helmet, gloves, goggles, kneeguards). I am hoping to ride somewhere that has chairlifts/cablecars.

In my travels I will also be in England, France and Spain. Does anyone know if any of these countries have any mountain bike parks to ride at?

If any noteable downhill races are been held while I am in the area I would love to go and watch also!

Any assistance, website links etc would be appreciated.

Thankyou,

Rex.

fangoman

Biker urlandum
16/3/08
diano san pietro
Visita sito
hi i'm dave i'm italian but i speck a little of english anyway if you want rent a kona bike the livigno bike park is your better choise because livigno bike park is a kona's bike park others bike parks are under commençal.

P.S.: sorry my english not is so good

starlaFR

Biker dantescus
12/7/04
Inverìc (Còm)
www.strava.com
Bike
varie
Hi Rexy,
good to hear you'll be able to ride, you haven't told us where you'll stay in Italy more precisely, and if you have a own car to move by your own. 1 week only is a little bit too short time to ride in all the most famous spots hereby, but you can't give a try to one or two at least.
On that period almost every location is still open with chairlifts and gondolas, the first place you can't miss is Pila (World Cup site), I'm quite sure it's still open at that time.

Then Finale Ligure, southern on the seaside, pretty famous all around Europe (Kranked I and II and other more recent videos have been filmed there too).

I'm sure my forum-mates will post you the website links of those spots mentioned above (I don't have them and I'm pretty rushing now).

In France you can't miss Morzine-Les Gets, in UK Fort Wiliams for sure. I've some contacts there if you need just drop me a provate message.

Take care,
ciao

white

Biker assatanatus
29/9/05
NoLi
Visita sito
Hi! In the north west Italy you can look at pila (I don't know anything about renting) finale ligure where you can rent iron horse.
In France you can try The porte du soleil (morzine/les gets/avoriaz) a massive place where you have a big choice of trail and lots of possibilty for rent

MoRa92

Biker tremendus
31/7/08
capriolo(bs)
Visita sito
in italy there are:
nord-west
pila:http://www.pila.it/homepage.asp?l=i&s=e
west
alpibikeresort:http://www.alpibikeresort.com/
sud-west
finale ligure:http://www.finalefreeride.com/
nord
livigno:http://www.mottolino.com/

but i don't know that nolo-bicycle

in france the most famous there are

les get/morzine:http://www.morznet.com/
les 2 alpes:http://www.les2alpes.com/it/ete/mountain-bike/mountain-bike-alle-2-alpes.html

there are many other but for list should be here one day

ps:sorry but my english is not good....

Danybiker88

Redazione
4/9/04
Torino
www.picasawebweb.com
Hi Rexy,
In italy there are meny good bike resort.
They are quite almost placed in northern Italy, in the Alps.
I suggest you to come su North-west. Here in Piedmount there very nice bike parks: from piedmount it's easy to rech Pila, it's closed to Alpi Bike (it's a project that includes many Bike Parks in the olimpic mountains like Bardonecchia, Montgenevre (FR), Sauze d'Oulx, Sestriere, ecc. You need to move bi your car, but with the same ticket you can visit all these parks), you can reach Finale Ligure (very nice trails in the mountains closed to the sea), or the most famous French bike resort (les 2 alpes, Alp d'Huez, ecc).

If you need to rent a bike and aquipment, there are no problem in these big resort.

It's also important for you to let us know which are your riding skills. If you are looking for big stuff, probably these "commercial" bike park are not for you.
There are instead some little places, often quite unknown, that offer big structure, great jumps, road gaps, etc.

So, to suggest you where to go, you should answer these question:
- wich are your skills? What are you looking for? Big stuff? Natural trails?
- will you rent a car? How will you move after landing in Italy?

PS: sorry for my poor english :mrgreen:

Rexy

Biker novus
Firstly, thankyou for all the replies. The links provided and your knowledge have been very helpful so far!

As far as riding capabilities I am fairly competent, I have no problem hitting logdrops, roadgaps, rockgardens etc on the tracks we have here in Australia. I have no problem dealing with tracks such as the one you see Sam Hill riding in F1RST.

I am looking to ride some good quality European tracks. World Cup level tracks would be a dream! Rocks, roots, good corners and a few drops.

We are entering Italy by train from France on the 29th of September. We will be getting off at Milan and heading north from there. Undecided on our mode of transport as of yet, I know there is a train that heads North, but we will get a car if necessary. Planning to head to one location where I can ride for a week or so.

After Italy we are heading to Spain on the 13th of October. I have heard that there is riding in Andorra. Would it be too late in the season to ride?

Thankyou again for the help, it is appreciated!

Rexy

Biker novus
Sorry to bring up an old thread...

I have decided to head to Verbier bikepark for the weekend of the 3rd-4th of October.

I know it isn't in Italy, but has anyone been there that can offer me any advice?

I need to rent a bike and gear, and to find accomodation, and a means of getting there from Stresa by train/bus.

Also, is there any worthwhile riding in Stresa, as I will be staying there a few days.

Thanks!

Rex.

Classifica mensile dislivello positivo