We’ve had the itch lately to get aboard a bit of a shorter travel daily driver. We’ve had a good bit of fun on short travel 29″ bikes and longer travel bikes with 27.5″ wheels, but truth be told we haven’t had a ton of time on bread and butter 130-140mm travel 27.5 bikes. Then along came something that was quite a bit more aggressive than most of its kin; at least most of its kin in terms of travel. The Calling is the latest creation from the Pacific Northwest brand, Evil Bikes. Boasting an angry geometry set and all the latest updates (Boost spacing, Metric shock sizing and a threaded BB) we knew it wouldn’t be outdated any time soon and it would make for a good platform to do carry out testing on new products.
• 131 mm travel via D.E.L.T.A. system
• Metric sized RockShox Super Deluxe w/trunnion mount
• Unidirectional carbon fiber
• Boost 148mm spacing
• Threaded bottom bracket
• Integrated chain guide w/ custom ISCG05 mounts
• Partial internal hose/cable routing
• +/- 1º and +/- 2º headset cups available
• Bolt-on axle
• Integrated chain/seatstay protection
• Integrated sag meter
• WATER BOTTLE CAGE
• 7lbs 7 ounces with axle on our scale
• $2899 (US)
You wouldn’t expect a 131mm travel bike to boast a 13″ bottom bracket and a sub 66º head angle, but then again, Evil’s owner Kevin Walsh has never been known for playing it safe. We should have this nasty little toy all built up in a few days so we’ll keep you posted on how she goes.