[Press Release] – Vitus, the nearly 100-year-old storied bicycling brand, today announced the opening of its United States operations and distribution center, headquartered in Salt Lake City, UT. US consumers can now purchase select models of Vitus’ mountain, road, gravel, youth, and e-bikes bikes through us.vitusbikes.com and have them shipped directly to their door.
“When I look at the Vitus line of bikes, I get giddy. Being able to offer this initial lineup directly to US riders is a tremendous opportunity,” said Brad Howell, US Brand Manager for Vitus Bikes. “From privateer racers to weekend enthusiasts, Vitus offers something for everyone in the worlds of road, mountain, and gravel riding; we even have a killer kids’ line. If riding bikes fills your cup and spreads a smile across your face, then Vitus is for you!”
Vitus bikes have long been available in Europe and loved by riders of all abilities and disciplines. During the 1970s, Vitus manufactured high-end steel race frames and into the 1990s, played a pivotal role in pioneering aluminum and carbon fiber frames. While proud of this heritage, the current-day team of Vitus engineers, designers, product managers, marketers, and athletes are driven by one goal: to make the best bikes for all kinds of riders.
Because of Vitus’ consumer-direct model, the brand offers riders performance-oriented bikes at accessible price points. Instead of relying on third-party resellers, Vitus’ Salt Lake City-based team of quality care representatives and expert mechanics oversee every aspect of a bike’s assembly and quality control before shipping to consumers. Bikes are pulled from a US-specific inventory in Salt Lake City and arrive to riders in fully recyclable cardboard boxes with zero-waste packaging. Vitus also offers a 30-day ride guarantee and a US-based team of customer care representatives are at the ready for any questions riders may have before, during, and after their purchase.
While additional models and model specs will make their way online throughout 2023, Vitus will start by offering a handful of its most popular models across road, mountain, and gravel disciplines. In the mountain category, Vitus will launch with the following bikes:
Trail / All-Mountain
● Escarpe 29 CRX | 150mm Front/140mm Rear | $4799
– Full T800 carbon frame, Fox 36 & Float DPS Factory Series suspension, Shimano XT 1×12 speed drivetrain.
● Escarpe 29 CRS | 150mm Front/140mm Rear | $3899
– Full T800 carbon frame, RockShox Lyrik Select & Deluxe Select+ RT suspension, Shimano SLX 1×12 speed drivetrain.
● Mythique 29 VR | 130mm Front/130mm Rear | $1699
– 6061-T6 aluminum frame, X-Fusion RC 32 Boost 29 and X-Fusion O2 Pro R suspension, Shimano Deore drivetrain.
● Mythique 29 VRS, VRX, AMP | 140mm Front/140mm Rear | $1999, $2299, $2599
– VRS: 6061-T6 aluminum frame, RockShox 35 Silver TK and Deluxe Select R suspension, Shimano Deore drivetrain.
– VRX: 6061-T6 Aluminum frame, Marzocchi Bomber Z2 and Deluxe Select R suspension, Shimano Deore/SLX drivetrain.
– AMP: 6061-T6 Aluminum frame, RockShox Pike Select RC and Deluxe Select R suspension, Shimano SLX/XT drivetrain.
● Sommet 297 CRX (mixed-wheel) | 170mm Front/170mm Rear | $4799
– T700 carbon fiber front triangle, 6061-T6 aluminum rear, Fox 38 & Float X2 Factory Series suspension, Shimano XT 1×12 speed drivetrain.
● Sommet 29 CRS | 170mm Front/162mm Rear | $3899
– T700 carbon fiber front triangle, 6061-T6 aluminum rear, RockShox Zeb Select & Super Deluxe Select+ RT suspension, Shimano SLX 1×12 speed drivetrain.
● E-Sommet VRS | 170mm Front/167mm Rear | $5399
– RockShox Zeb Select & RockShox Super Deluxe Select R suspension, Shimano
STEPS EP8 motor with 630Wh internal battery, Shimano SLX 1×12 speed drivetrain.
● Nucleus 24” and 26” Hardtail MTB Bike | $899
– Lightweight 6061-T6 aluminum frame, SR Suntour air sprung suspension fork with lock-out, Box 1×8 speed drivetrain, disc brakes.