Archer Components, a new Californian company, has presented a product capable of transforming any type of single-ring transmission into a wireless command system. It is based on an electronic remote that wirelessly controls an engine that operates the derailleur, positioned below the driveside chainstay.
- Drivetrain agnostic – mix and match to your heart’s content
- 30 hours runtime with all the bells and whistles
- 50+ hours runtime in low power mode
- Trail-tested and durable for wherever you ride
- SRAM MatchMaker® compatible
- Low profile and light weight (235g)
- Simple app-based setup
- Quick installation
- Fast and smooth shifting
- Highly repeatable shift points means you’re in gear every time
- Designed, built and tested in Santa Cruz, California
The Archer system adapts to any type of 1x drivetrain and according to Archer, you only need to set it up via their smartphone app, then it’s good to go. The battery life boasts 30 hours of intense use or over 50 hours in battery saving mode. The system is tested to withstand the most aggressive riding, even in unfavorable weather conditions.
The command is simple, with one button to shift up and one to shift down. It can be mounted using a special collar or using a SRAM MatchMaker thanks to 3 pre-drilled holes that allow you to place it in the position you prefer.
The total weight of the system is 235 grams and it retails for $389 directly on the manufacturer’s website: Archer Components
Below is a video showing the installation and operation: