[Press Release] – More powerful and able to carry greater momentum, E-bikes place a huge amount of strain on wheels. The E_Enduro wheelset has been developed from the ground up to handle these unique demands. Featuring a 37mm wide 6069-T6 rim, laced with thick triple-butted spokes to oversized E-Specific hubs; the E_Enduro is up for anything you can throw at it, making them an ideal upgrade over your standard Original Equipment set.
Developed closely with Elite level racer Oli McKenna, the E_Enduro wheels have been tested to the same rigorous standards as our Downhill rated wheels. The rim sidewall tapers to be 25% thicker and with up to 41% more material in the rim bed compared to our Enduro Wide, they’re ready for whatever the trail springs at you.
Gone are the days of E-bikes just for commuting, modern E-MTB’s can take on the steep & loose just like their ‘acoustic’ siblings. Whether you use it as a training tool, to fit more runs in between daily duties, or you simply don’t like climbing – E-bikes are a great way to get in more vertical.
- 37mm wide int. 6069-T6 rim (490 MPa, + 69% Ultimate Tensile Strength over 6061-T6) welded construction.
- Rim sidewall tapers to be 25% thicker, with up to 41% more material in the rim bed compared to our Enduro Wide.
- Thicker Triple Butted (2.3-1.8-2.0) PSR reinforced Pillar Spokes
- Large body E_MTB specific hubs with heatsinks for heat dissipation. 6×1 Pawls for increased resistance to the extra torque generated.
- Extra thick 17mm 7075-T6 axles for increased strength and stiffness.
- Sizes: 27.5/29/Mullet
- Weights: 2531/2621G
Impact Resistance Testing
We recognised that the UCI impact tests, although key for ensuring safety standards, are not fully representable for assessing the real-world impact performance of rims, which is of real benefit for riders when choosing a product. We therefore developed our own in-house Testing Equipment and Protocol to do just that.
When it comes to MTB impacts, these aren’t square on or spread over the rim equally. Instead in the real world more often it is rock strikes where the forces are transferred through a single side. To replicate this, the wheel is clamped at an angle and a round-edged impactor (during development we tested a number of shapes to determine the most suitable) is dropped onto a single side of the rim.
The protocol for the test results described here, ensures capture of the rim profile performance only, by controlling variables such as tyre, pressures, hub and spokes used. The graph reflects two results for each rim, firstly the impact energy at which the first equivalent sign of an impact is seen in the form of a visual ding, and the second being the energy at which an equivalently comparable ding which would likely require mechanical attention.
- Rims | 6069 T6 (490 MPa, + 69% Ultimate Tensile Strength over 6061-T6) welded construction, 37mm wide (internal), work-hardened shot-peened finish. Internal tubeless profile designed in conjunction with engineers at leading MTB tyres brands for the best tubeless seal.
- Spokes | 32F/36R Spoke Count, Thicker Triple Butted (2.3-1.8-2.0) PSR reinforced Pillar Spokes compared to the normal (2.2-1.6-2.0)
- Hubs | Large body E_MTB specific hubs with heatsinks for heat dissipation. 6×1 Pawls for increased resistance to the extra torque generated. Boost (110/148) spacing hubs. Large double sealed cartridge bearings. Rock Shox Torque Caps available
- Axles | Extra thick 17mm 7075-T6 axles for increased strength and stiffness. Reducing flex in the hub also helps to increase bearing life.
- Tyres | Optimised for the larger 2.5″-2.8″ tyres usually specced and suited to E-bikes, but also work very well with 2.3″-3.0″. Fit Plus size, regular or anything in-between.
- Included | Tubeless tape, valve & spokes.
- Weights | 2531/2621g 27.5″/29″