In this video shot with Rémi Gauvin, RaceFace presents the Next R36, a new set of carbon wheels with a 36mm internal width channel dedicated to cover from 2.4 to 2.8 inches in width. They are based on the current Next R31, with the same hubs but with a wider rim that leads to an increase of only 10 grams on the overall weight of the wheel set.
NEXT R36 MSRP: $1499.99 USD / $1999.99 CAD
WHEEL SIZES: 27.5, 29
WEIGHT PER SET: 27.5” – 1720g, 29”-1790g
TYPE: TUBELESS READY CLINCHER
RIM MATERIAL: OFFSET UD CARBON COMPOSITE, MATTE FINISH
RIM DEPTH: 25mm
INTERNAL RIM WIDTH: 36mm
SPOKES: SAPIM D-LIGHT, 28 F/R, 3X PATTERN (5 SPARES INCLUDED, SINGLE SPOKE LENGTH FOR THE ENTIRE WHEELSET)
- Large oversized flange for improved bracing angle and larger bearings.
- Wide bearing stance.
- 6 double tooth pawls (3 engage at a time).
- 120 points of engagement (3 degrees).
- Individually sprung pawls.
- One length spoke used throughout wheelset (F&R).
- Tool-free interchangeable end caps (sold separately).
- Low drag labyrinth cassette body seal.
- R36 available in SuperBoost configuration.
- Full carbon fiber construction
- 36mm Internal width
- Tubeless ready rim (tape and valves installed)
- 4.5mm Offset improves spoke tension balance and wheel stiffness
- High gloss black logos and interchangeable vinyl decals.