2016 Troy Lee Designs Helmet line – Updated D3 Internals
2016 Troy Lee Designs Helmet line – Updated D3 Internals
It is always tough to make the best in class even better, but Troy Lee’s impressive list of athletes and designers that drive innovation leads into 2016 with another new standard in premium head protection.
- NEW head form/shape that has been slightly modified to accommodate some comfort zones that our customers and athletes wanted updated for better fit. Extensive testing led us to a slight modification that will allow the D3 to accommodate more riders.
- NEW cheek pad, our “3D cheek pads feature an updated shape and contour to better fit the jaw and cheek area. This new 3D cheek pad extends more toward the front as well, for a more secure fit.
- NEW smoothed edge trim on the face molding area.
- NEWLY added more EPS in the key frontal impact zones for even greater safety.
- 3 different EPS size ranges, with 6 different sized cheek/headliner kits, for a huge range of sizing.
- Machined titanium visor screws and ‘D-ring’ chin strap fasteners for reduced weight.
- Custom made helmet bag comes with every D3 helmet composite or carbon.
- D3 comes with 2 fully adjustable, matching graphics visors.
- 14 intake ports over forehead, brow and chin areas guide airflow past rider’s head for maximum ventilation.
- 6 high-flow exhaust vents release hot air ensuring an even flow of cool air throughout the helmet’s interior.
- Removable and washable comfort liner with Coolmax® and Dri-Lex® materials.
Technologically advanced aerospace carbon / composite shell construction.
- EXCEEDS CPSC 1203, CE EN 1078, ASTM F1952, ASTM F2032, AND AS/NZS 2063:2008
Official helmets of; AARON GWIN, STEVE PEAT, BRENDAN FAIRCLOUGH, JEROME CLEMENTZ, BRANDON SEMENUK, CAM ZINK, TOM VAN STEENBERGEN, LOGAN PEAT, LUCA SHAW AND THE REST OF SRAM/TLD RACING, BRYAN REGNIER, CHARLIE HARRISON, EMILIE SIEGENTHALER, LUKE STROBEL, KYLE JAMESON, REMY MORTON, ANNE GALYEAN, CRAIG HARVEY, LEIGH DONOVAN, ROB WARNER, DAVE CULLINAN, TLD GROMS AND BMX OLYMPIANS; SAM WILLOUGHBY, ALISE POST, MARIANA PAJON, JORIS DAUDET, GT BMX TEAM, NIC LONG, BROOKE CRAIN, DAVID HERMAN, DUTCH OLYMPIC TEAM, STAY STRONG BMX TEAM.
We launched the A1 helmet 3 seasons ago, after being the first to offer a extended coverage helmet in the early 90’s, with the ‘TLD Edge’, we focused on perfecting the full face market with our D-series, then we came back in the game with the A1 and it has been a bigger success than we ever imagined.
- Reinforced polycarbonate shell in-molded with the EPS liner extends down the sides and back of the head for maximum protection and durability
- 8 pressurized intake passages draw in cool air for maximum ventilation
- 8 rear vacuum vortex outlets help exhaust and draw heat from head
- Triple position adjustable retention system allows customized fit for various eyewear, head shape and riding styles
- Single piece, ultra plush, removable and washable comfort liner made of anti-microbial moisture wicking material for a dry, comfortable feel
• Full spectrum adjustable Moto inspired visor with anodized aluminum hardware
• Race inspired styling
The D2 helmet, the legend, the helmet that literally everyone had to have when we released it and the helmet that every big name pro had to be in. It is the benchmark in full-face bicycle helmets, later on we introduced its successor, the D3, but the classic D2 helmet is still in demand and a great helmet for the more budget conscious consumer who wants safety and style.
- Lightweight aerospace composite shell.
- High-flow ventilation system incorporated into shell and liner.
- 7 intake ports over top, forehead and chin areas guide airflow past rider’s head for maximum ventilation.
- 4 exhaust vents release hot air ensuring an even flow of cool air throughout the helmet’s interior.
- Removable and washable comfort liner and cheek pads.
- Machined cross-top aluminum visor screws.
- Adjustable Orbit visor allows for custom height placement.
- Large eye port allows for easy fitting of all goggle shapes and sizes.
- Super soft helmet sock included.
“I get asked all the time; ‘Troy, where do you get your design inspiration from?’ and I have to pause, because I am surrounded by so many creative outlets, whether it is new carbon bikes, motorcycles, artists, paint colors, the list goes on and on. This year for our bicycle line I felt inspired with what I saw on the trail…in the wild. My youngest kids are riding their bikes a lot more and seeing the ride experience through their eyes is like a bicycle rebirth for me, I am loving it. From our family rides on our local Laguna Beach trails, to the big pilgrimage we make to Whistler, Canada, I find inspiration in the shapes and colors that are all over outdoors…they say you have to stop and smell the roses, it’s very true.
Inspiration also comes from our amazing athletes we are partnered with all over the world. They racked up more wins and exposure for us than we ever could have imagined. The athletes push us daily to innovate and create-that inspires us.
But ultimately, your safety, comfort and style is my priority, which always pushes us the most and we at TLD have done an incredible job bringing you another year of riding equipment for 2016. I hope you enjoy it and hope to see you on the trails!”
Troy Lee-Owner Troy Lee Designs
About Troy Lee Designs:
For over 30 years, Troy Lee has been customizing helmets “For The World’s Fastest Racers.” TLD’s relentless commitment to creating equipment that exceed the cutting edge of style, design and quality, has earned them the reputation as an innovator in many different fields of racing. Troy Lee Designs has since expanded into a full force operation, offering a complete line of helmets, apparel and premium protection for off-road motorcycling and bicycling, sportswear and accessories. Based in Corona, California, Troy Lee Designs has a global network of distributors.