[Press Release] – (March 30, 2020 – Scotts Valley, CA) Giro Sport Design, the cycling world’s design leader, today announced the all-new, Sector™ and Sector™ W off-road cycling shoes, featuring the proprietary combination of a one-piece reinforced Synchwire™ monofilament upper with a twin-Boa® L6 micro-adjustable closure and dual-injected rubber outsole. Both Giro Sector™ styles are available immediately from authorized Giro retailers and www.giro.com for €229.95/ £219.99.
The Sector™combines Giro’s supple, breathable Synchwire™ upper with a thermo-bonded exo-structure, plus additional reinforcement for the toe and heel sections. A stout carbon-composite plate and an aggressive, dual-injected rubber outsole delivers excellent traction that won’t break down or delaminate over time or rough surfaces. A supportive 3D molded footbed with Aegis® antimicrobial treatment enhances comfort and fit, which is adjustable via dual BOA® L6 dials featuring 1 mm adjustment and macro release.
“Whether riders are grinding out all-day gravel adventures, tackling their first 50-mile XC race, or just enjoying some quick laps on the trail after work, they need shoes that are comfortable, durable and provide a powerful connection to the pedals,” said Giro Footwear Product Manager Peter Curran. “The Sector was specifically developed around the combination of Synchwire uppers, our new composite outsole and Boa’s most popular dial closure, to create a supportive fit with ease of adjustment on-the-fly.”
- One-piece Synchwire™ upper with thermo-bonded exo-structure
- Reinforced heel and toe sections
- Dual BOA® L6 dial featuring 1 mm adjustment and macro release, with steel lace and soft lace guides
- Carbon-composite 2-bolt plate with dual-injected rubber outsole
- Stainless steel hardware
- 3D Molded footbed with medium arch support
- Sector 342 grams (size 42.5 – single shoe)
- Sector W 323 grams (size 39.5 – single shoe)
- Sector 39–50 in whole sizes, and 42.5-45.5 half-sizes
- Sector W 36–43 in women’s whole sizes, and 37.5-42.5 half-sizes