Leatt just dove on board with the removable chin bar style enduro lids. Their latest offering, the DBX 3.0 carries over much of the technology from their other lids such as the Fidlock magnetic buckle and 360° Turbine Technology. Check out more details in the full press release below.
- Detachable chin bar
- Weight: from 700 grams with and 375 grams without the chin bar
- 360° Turbine Technology: reducing rotational acceleration and concussion risk
- Certified and tested to EN1078 and CPSC 1203
- Well-ventilated with 18 vent holes in the half shell and five in the chin bar
- Fidlock magnetic buckle for ease of use
- Retailing for259,-€ // £189,-
CAPE TOWN, South Africa (September 27th, 2017) – The inventors of the Leatt-Brace®
announced the launch of their Enduro helmet with detachable chin bar for the first time at
Eurobike 2016. Now it has arrived in the USA, EU, and Asia. Time to take a closer look.
Change from a full-face to half-shell helmet within seconds, due to a clever quick-release system using two metal hooks and levers.
The DBX 3.0 Enduro helmet incorporates the same unique 360° Turbine Technology their DH full-face helmet is known for.
Overall ten turbines are strategically placed inside the helmet between the EPS and the rider’s head. Made of a 3D molded energy-absorbing material, these turbines stiffen upon impact to provide protection. They do this by absorbing both low speed and rotational impact forces during a fall.
This technology reduces up to 30% of head impact at concussion level and up to 40% of rotational acceleration to the head and brain.
The Leatt DBX 3.0 Enduro Helmet will be available:
• in four different colorways and
• three sizes – S (51-55cm), M (55-59cm) and L (59-63cm)
• from next week
More info about the helmet can be found on a dedicated microsite here: