[Press Release] – 2020 marks 30 years of Nukeproof as a company. As a homage to past and present we are releasing our ultimate trail bike, the Ltd Edition Reactor 290c WORX. As in previous years our WORX models allow us to test some boundaries and try something a little different. In keeping with this and based on our flagship Reactor 290c frame, we have equipped this year’s WORX model with a dream list of top-of-the-line components, with one aim; to create the ultimate trail bike for 2020. Launched in late 2019 the Reactor frame is designed as a little hooligan of a bike, at home on steep technical climbs or those all-day epic adventures, but happiest when thrashing the most technical trails you can point it at. So far, the frames kinematics and geometry has won rave reviews from riders, media and our athletes and combined with this dream list of components it the definitive trail bike from Nukeproof.
Combined with the stunning spec, the Reactor 290c WORX frame is treated to a raw carbon with a clear coat finish, allowing you to see the UD woven carbon build and finished with chrome finishing decals. Finished with Nukeproof’s premium Horizon component line it’s ready to rip the trails straight off the shop floor.
Key to the WORX spec this year is Sram’s AXS line up. Launched earlier this year the Eagle AXS and Reverb AXS systems offer riders the next level of personalization and control through wireless technology. By removing the clutter and complexity, they streamlined the cockpit and created the ultimate performance drivetrain and dropper set up. AXS is designed to be simple to set up and maintain thanks to the latest pure shifting technology. This means that the performance is always outstanding and consistent even under load and the roughest terrain. To enhance the connection to the bike the AXS systems can be personalised to your riding preferences with the AXS App.
Up front is the all new Rockshox Pike Ultimate fork with 140mm. Featuring the new Charger™ 2.1 damper. This is paired with a RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT to offer unmatched trail control, perfect for sweeping turns or surfing the loam.
Using these latest technologies, the limited-edition Reactor 290c WORX blends an aggressive frame design with high performance components and the latest braking and suspension packages to create the ultimate trail weapon.
As with all Reactor frames, the Worx features a “flip chip” to adjust the geometry from “Trail” to “Rail mode”.
- Trail – As the name suggests, this setting is best suited for trail riding. It is for riders who get as much enjoyment from the climb as the descents.
- Rail – The Rail setting turns the Reactor into a corner shredder, dropping the bottom bracket 6mm and slackening the head angle by half a degree. It is there to maximise the descending capabilities.
To ensure the bike could climb as well as it descends, we designed the 4 bar horst linkage to have higher levels of anti-squat for climbing gears but lower levels when you drop down the cassette. This means that the bike can behave itself on the climbs but when you get it up to speed, it turns into a trail hooligan. The combination of low anti-squat and progressive rate give ultimate small bump compliance (removes rough trail and root chatter) with good mid stroke support for cornering/pumping and end stroke progression for aggressive riding. Balanced anti-rise figures allow the Reactor some squat when braking hard, maintaining rider position and providing a good amount of pressure through the tyre to ensure traction. The Reactor is designed to reward the rider and ensure you get that stoke factor in on any ride.
- Frame: Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon, 130mm Travel, UD woven Carbon Fibre front triangle/chain stays/seat stays, internal cable routing, custom tuned rear shock, Enduro bearings, threaded bottom bracket, boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured frame protection
- Fork: RockShox Pike Ultimate Charger 2 RC2 140mm, 51mm Offset, BOOST, Debonair, Gloss Silver
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT, Custom ML 380 tune, 210x50mm, Bearing End (Comes with 1x bottomless token fitted so you have one if needed.)
- Front Wheel: DT Swiss XM1501 SPLINE 30,29″, Centrelock, 110x15mm
- Rear Wheel:DT Swiss XM1501 SPLINE 30, 29″, Centrelock, Shimano Microspline Driver, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Front: Maxxis Assegai 29”x2.5 WT 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR, Rear: Maxxis Minion DHR II 29”x2.4 WT 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR
- Crankset: SRAM XO1 Carbon Eagle 12-Speed, 170mm, 30T, B148, DUB
- Shifter: SRAM Eagle AXS 2 button 12-Speed
- Rear Deraileur: SRAM XO1 Eagle AXS 12-Speed
- Chain: SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed
- Cassette: SRAM XG-1295 EAGLE, 12-Speed,10-50T
- Brakes: SRAM G2 Ultimate
- Front Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 200mm
- Rear Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 180mm
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Horizon Carbon 25mm Rise, Width – S780mm, M780mm, L800mm, XL800mm)
- Stem: Nukeproof Horizon, 50mm, Black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Horizon SL, Red
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb AXS with AXS Remote, 31.6mm; M: 440mm length, 150mm drop; L + XL: 480mm length, 170mm drop.
- Headset: Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
The Reactor 290c WORX is Ltd Editon and on sale from July 4th from all good Nukeproof retailers with a SRP of: UK £6499.99/ Europe €7499.99/ USA $6499.99.