Last February we introduced you to the range of titanium frames from Pässilä Bicycles, a young Finnish brand that specializes in building hardtail frames in the noblest of base metals. Today Pässilä presents a new frame that they’ve dubbed the Hamari which kicks off the start of the production of chro-mo steel frames that go alongside their titanium lineup.
The name Hamari derives from the huge hammer powered by water mills that was used by the ancient Scandinavian blacksmiths to forge steel. The guys from Pässilä paid homage to their ancestors with this 4130 chromoly steel frame with rather aggressive geometry, dedicated to all mountain use or more generally to downhill fun while still maintaining an affinity for the climbs.
It can be mounted in different wheel diameter versions: 29″, 29+ or 27.5+. The standard fork has 140mm of travel. The geometry is quite aggressive, long and relaxed.
- Double butted 4130 chrome steel with heat treatment
- ED anti-corrosion paint with matte finish
- Seatpost diameter: 31.6mm
- Saddle collar included
- Bottom bracket BSA 73mm threaded
- Headset upper 44.0mm – lower 56.0mm
- Hub 148x12mm
- Pin M12xP1.75 included
- ISCG-05 chain guide attachment
- Tire clearance in size S: 29 × 2.6 ″ / 27.5 × 2.8 ″
- Tire passage in size M-XL: 29 × 3.0 ″ or 27.5 × 3.0 ″
- Double bottle cage
- Passage of brake hose and external gear cable sheath, under the top tube
- Dropper post cable passage inside the frame
- Uninterrupted seat tube for long travel seat post
- Price of the frame: 889 €
- Price of the complete bike: 2,799 €