[Press Release] – Tempe, AZ – The new Pivot Trail 429 defies categorization, and smashes KOMs. Mixing the progressive geometry and handling of longer travel all-mountain sleds with the responsiveness and speed of dedicated race rigs ushers in a new breed of hyper-capable trail bike.
The new Pivot Trail 429 is a potent, lightweight trail weapon with the handling and suspension chops to go hard in big terrain, and also the flat-out speed and acceleration to deliver podium level performances at marathon and 24-hour races. It offers unprecedented versatility; equally at home sending rough technical lines as it is with a race number zip- tied to the handlebars.
“We’ve pushed the limits of the New Trail 429 to make a bike even more capable for both aggressive trail riders and those who are looking for the utmost efficiency and pedaling performance out of their trail bike” says Pivot’s founder and CEO, Chris Cocalis. “We designed the Trail 429 to thrive in rough, technical terrain, so we really worked on getting the suspension and handling dialed for the limits being pushed by modern riders. This is the most capable 120mm-travel suspension on the market. At the same time, with the flip-chip adjustability and aggressive weight reduction in the frame, the new Trail 429 also makes for an amazing endurance racer.”
Constructed of leading-edge carbon fiber materials using Pivot’s proprietary hollow core molding technology, the Trail 429’s frame achieves exceptional strength and stiffness at a weight competitive with dedicated XC race bikes. Size specific ride tuning ensures consistent, surefooted handling and performance across the size range. A more progressive linkage and trunnion mounted metric shock elevate the acclaimed dw-link suspension to superlative performance levels, and the newly incorporated flip-chip allows riders to hone ride characteristics toward either rowdy or racy. 120mm of rear travel has never felt this plush and composed. Nor has it ever felt this fast, and this responsive. Build kits for the Trail 429 emphasize this versatility: Pro and Team builds feature Fox DPS or Live Valve shocks and 130mm Fox 34 forks, and the optional Enduro build is ready for the big hits with a Fox DPX2 rear shock and 140mm Fox 36 Grip 2 Factory fork.
All-Mountain Attitude, Race Bike Reflexes
The Trail 429 might well be the perfect category defying trail bike. Progressive geometry and super capable suspension give hard charging riders the tools they need to thrive in jumpy and steep terrain. 120mm of travel has never felt this plush or this composed. This very same super- refined dw-link suspension also delivers whip-crack pedal response and acceleration, aided and abetted by the strongest, lightest carbon fiber chassis we’ve ever developed. The sharp-end of the stick XC capability of this bike is eye-opening, on par with dedicated flyweight race bikes. This is a bike that you can shred with confidence everywhere from 24-hour race courses to untamed high alpine singletrack.
Evolution Of A Classic
This latest iteration of the Trail 429 is a distillation of our constant quest for peak performance; we’ve broadened its capabilities without sacrificing its legendary sharpness. In order to achieve this, we slackened the head angle just enough, increased the reach, and introduced a flip-chip to allow fine tuning of the geometry toward either the rowdy or racy ends of the spectrum. These changes all enhance stability at speed while retaining excellent pedal hammering ergonomics. Through continued evolution of our proprietary Hollow Core carbon frame construction, we carved more than 300 grams from the chassis, achieving an XC-race frame weight with incredible all-mountain strength and stiffness.
In order to wring every drop of potential out of 120mm, we’ve reworked the already stellar dw- link suspension. A metric, trunnion mount shock and a more progressive linkage enables improved pedaling efficiency and more capability in big hits. The design provides a more bottomless feel and allows for a greater range of tunability. The Trail 429 combines rocketship pedaling performance with a plushness that genuinely feels like more travel than the numbers indicate. Is it possible for a bike to be both razor sharp and butter smooth? Yes. The Trail 429 is proof.
- Refined geometry exemplifies the pinnacle of modern race-to-trail performance
- New, more progressive dw-link® prioritizes pedaling efficiency yet still rewards riderswith plush, controlled travel
- 120mm rear suspension travel featuring a vertically trunnion mounted high-volume airshock delivers unprecedented comfort and tunability
- Flip chip adjustability allows riders to tailor geometry for either spirited all-roundhandling or a more progressive and rowdy demeanor
- Hassle-free, full-length, internal cable routing with Pivot’s easy to service and ultra-quietPivot Cable Port System
- Fits riders between 4’11” and 6’7” with X-Small to -XLarge size offerings.
- Pivot’s full carbon frame feature size-specific ride tuning, leading edge carbon fiber materials and Pivot’s proprietary Hollow Core molding technology to ensure that every rider from 4’10” to 6’1” has a bike that feels perfect and performs at the optimum level for their size
- Pro and Team builds available with either Fox DPS or Live Valve and 130mm FOX 34 FIT4 Factory fork – OR – our Optional Enduro build featuring a DPX2 rear shock and 140mm FOX 36 Grip 2 Factory series fork.
- Pivot Tool Dock system compatible with mounts under the top tube and integrated into the underside of the frame.