[Press Release] – 27th October, Upplands Väsby, Sweden: Advanced suspension technology manufacturer Öhlins today launched a new sibling to their highly successful TTXAir shock. The new TTX1Air is a high performance compact, robust air sprung shock with a single can design. This sits alongside their current double can design for the TTXAir, now renamed TTX2Air; allowing riders to optimize the air volume requirements to any stroke, linkage progressivity or linkage rate.
TTX is Öhlins’ signature damping technology and both TTXAir shocks have this latest twin tube design. The TTX system is famous for its extremely well balanced damping pressures; that always deliver unrivalled control and flawless damping without cavitation in all riding conditions. Twin tube technology ensures stable and predictable damping forces keeping the rider safe and in full control.
Now also featuring a new slimmer fit end-eye design on the TTX1Air to fit more frame designs, the TTX1Air 190×45 weighs in at 390g and with its single air chamber design it shaves 60-80g off a comparable TTX2Air. Öhlins have also increased the maximum air pressure to handle a wider range of riders and e-MTB requirements.
TTX1Air is a shock perfect for bikes with a linear shock curve and needing a progressive spring. Whereas the TTX2Air’s double can design delivers a larger freedom to adjust the spring curve through a greater ability to adjust air volume spacing; more suited to bikes with progressive linkage ratios. Both feature 3 positions of adjustable high speed compression.
The Öhlins Performance Setup Guide helps riders select which TTXAir version is the optimal fit and optimises the pressure and air volume settings for your bike and riding style.
Torkel Sintorn, General Manager MTB Öhlins Racing AB, said: “The expansion of our range to include the addition of the TTX1Air platform allows us to further build upon our solutions for our fast-growing list of OEM partners, offering a broader product portfolio to best suit the needs of the latest full-suspension platform designs.”
- TTX highly adjustable compression valve technology
- TTX2 Air – Double can design with larger air volume in both positive and negative chamber
- TTX1 Air – Single can design optimized for linear linkage designs and tighter fitment space
- TTX1 Air – Compact end eye design allows fitment to a broader range of frame designs
- Adjustable HSC (High-Speed Compression), LSC (Low-Speed Compression) and Rebound damping
- Race proven setting bank, to suit any type of riding or linkage design
- Climb mode
- Air spring volume spacers included as standard in the shock kit
- Available in Standard Metric 190/210/230 mm lengths
- Also available Metric Trunnion format in 165/185/205 mm lengths
- TTX2 Air – Maximum air pressure up to 325 PSI. TTX1 Air – Maximum air pressure up to 300 PSI
Spring Curve Comparison
This chart compares the travel/force curve of both TTX1Air and TTX2Air rear shocks with no volume spacers and the maximum volume spacers fitted:
With the compact air spring design of TTX1Air, each volume spacer will have a large effect. For TTX2Air there are more spacers available and each spacer has a smaller effect in the bigger air can, this increases the possibility to fine tune shock performance. As they overlap in spring force both shocks will be possible to use on many bikes.
Suggested retail prices
TTX1Air – $720, €645
TTX2Air – $780, €698
Both TTX1Air and TTX2Air are available now via Öhlins appointed distributors ohlins.com/find-distributor