[Press release] – Zipp’s 3ZERO MOTO carbon 27.5 and 29 enduro/trail wheelset is inspired by moto to provide riders with the control and durability required for pure trail speed. Already this wheelset and its MOTO Technology are proven with multiple victories in the Enduro World Series with our pioneering partnership with Lapierre Zipp Collective.
While other wheel brands limit their focus to traditional box-section rim designs, Zipp engineers—uninhibited by legacy technology—took a different approach. They looked to motorsports as a model. Zipp’s Moto Technology’s single-wall rim is the optimal approach for an enduro/trail wheelset.
The resulting rim provides something we call “ankle compliance.” Imagine a runner rounding a sharp turn, the ankle naturally flexing to maintain grip as the runner leans. The 3ZERO rim can locally flex to stay parallel to the ground during cornering, increasing traction like a human ankle adjusts while running. This ability to twist locally allows it to deflect during single bead impacts without the rider getting bounced offline. 3ZERO MOTO helps you take the most direct route, saving seconds when and where they count most.
At the center of the 3ZERO MOTO is the ZM2 hubset. This German-engineered hubset features 12 pawls and 132 points of engagement for a quicker response. The hub’s improved seal design means better durability on rough terrain.
Quarq’s TyreWiz is sold separately for 3ZERO to dial in your pressure for an even more compliant ride. Zipp’s Speed Line graphics give you the choice of five colors for a wheel with high-performance aesthetics.
- Moto Technology
- Higher impact resistance
- Reduced chance of pinch flatting
- More traction in rough corners
- Smoother ride in rocky terrain
- Ability to run lower tire pressure
- Reduced rider fatigue
- Weight, 29″: 1965g
- Weight, 27.5″: 1875g Internal width 30mm
- Frustration-free tire installation
- Rim is designed for compliance, creating the feel of extra suspension
- German-engineered hubset features 12 pawls and 132 points of engagement for quicker response and also has improved durability
- Quarq TyreWiz is available separately (not included with wheels)
- Compatible with e-mountain bikes
- Lifetime Warranty
ZM2 hubs deliver reliable performance on the toughest tracks. These hubs, engineered in Germany, feature 12 pawls and 132 engagement points for quick response. Improved seals mean superior durability on challenging terrain. The clever thing about the ZM2 hubs is how we created the quick engagement.
Zipp’s ZM2 hubset delivers dependable precision performance to the gnarliest trail. This German-engineered hubset features 12 pawls and 132 points of engagement for a quicker response. The hub’s improved seal design means better durability on rough terrain. The genius of the ZM2 hub is how we achieved quicker engagement. This hub system works with 12 pawls, in 4 groups of 3, on a 33 teeth ratchet ring. The 33 teeth make the ring is strong with pickup that’s reliable and consistent. The 4 groups of 3 pawls are staggered, meaning there’s always 3 pawls engaging at any time, which is good for durability. The ZM2 also has higher load transmission capability. The hub capable of being used on electric mountain bikes.
- Engineered in Germany with better seal design for improved durability and quicker response
- 132 points of engagement
- Designed with 12 pawls – 4 groups of 3 – for quick engagement
- Strong ratchet ring maximized max load capacity
- Compatible with e-mountain bikes
- Spoke Count: 32h
- Boost only, 6 bolt brake interface
- XD or SRAM/Shimano variant
- Standard or Torque caps on front hub