Orbea is adapting to new circumstances and updating its prices.
- Increases in the cost of raw materials, transportation, and intermittent and ongoing supply failures have led the brand to take this decision.
- The company is making a further effort to maintain the prices for orders reserved by users and confirmed by its dealers in the Orbea system.
Since the onset of the pandemic the global economy has suffered continual impacts which have hit all sectors, including the bike industry. For the sake of transparency, Orbea is publishing the reasons that underlie its decision to increase its prices, and the measures set in place to soften the impact of this increase.
- The prices of raw materials such as aluminum, steel, and carbon have been rising continuously for months, as have fuel prices.
- Transport costs have also risen disproportionately due to a shortage of containers, ships, and to congestion at ports.
- The bike industry, like many others, is suffering from intermittent or ongoing failures in the supply of components. This forces us to modify our specifications or seek similar alternatives, always striving to maintain quality.
Unlike other brands in the sector, Orbea has so far held out against raising prices, but has finally been forced to follow suit and change its prices for this year.
“We are a company that is committed to our community of users and our stores. We are continuously monitoring market trends and have done everything that we could to avoid this price update, but there is no sign of the upward trend in costs being corrected” states Gonzalo García de Salazar, the company’s Global Sales Manager.
Seeking to minimize the impact for dealers and users alike, Orbea has made a further effort to maintain its prices on those bikes already reserved by users and confirmed by their dealer in the Orbea system.
“This has been a difficult decision for Orbea, because it will have consequences for our stores and for the cycling community, who have trusted and continue to trust in our brand. We understand what this means” concludes Mr García de Salazar.
The new prices can be found at orbea.com starting 20 January.