As we all know by now – and have known for some time – Troy Lee Designs is unveiling a new Daytona helmet … The D4. Worn by Brandon Semenuk in RAW 100 V5 as well as by all of the TLD athletes at Rampage, the new helmet is now available to consumers . Continuing the with trademark and legendary Troy Lee styling, the D4 manages to shed roughly a half pound from the weight of its predecessor, the D3 – all while being at least as safe and unquestionably more comfortable. It was a nice surprise to get home today to a package with this new helmet in it, just in time to snap some pictures at sunset.
- TeXtreme® Spread tow carbon fiber shell
- Featuring MIPS Brain Protection System – a helmet integrated, low friction layer designed to reduce rotational motion transferred to the brain from angled impacts to the head Ventilation channels work in unison with the headliner to promote airflow through the helmet Lightweight titanium D-rings and hardware
- Collarbone suspension system
- Innovative break-away visor screws
- In-mold PC around vent openings and exposed EPS increases strength and durability
- Quick Release XT2 3D cheek pads and X-Static / XT2 washable liner create an optimized fit Plush helmet bag and an extra matching visor included
- CPSC 1203 *, CE EN1078 *, ASTM F1952 – DH, ASTM 2032 – BMX, * Varies by regional standards
- $ 550 USD
- 1000 grams claimed / 943 grams as tested, size Large
57 grams under claimed weight … Not bad!